The Rat Tail or Tapered Round rasp is useful for shaping round mortises or creating a spiral on a goblet stem.
It is stitched to the tip and should be used with a twist action to utilise all the teeth.
The Rat Tail rasp is available in five options
- Blade length of 100mm (4"). Grain 14 (Very Fine). Max diameter of 4mm.
- Blade length of 150mm (6"). Grain 13 (Very Fine). Max diameter of 6mm.
- Blade length of 200mm (8"). Grain 11 (Fine). Max diameter of 8mm.
- Blade length of 250mm (10"). Grain 9 (Medium). Max diameter of 10mm.
- Blade length of 300mm (12"). Grain 8 (Medium). Max diameter of 10mm.
The length does not include handle. These rasps are not available as a left handed option.